Friday, January 21, 2011

And so it begins...

I love work. Always have. As far back as I can remember, I took every opportunity to toil away in return for financial reward.  Somewhere along the way, I ended up in software.  Software companies love my type.  I’ve spent years hopping from flight to flight, traveling around the country, eating alone, and racking up airlines miles that I was too tired to use.   

After multiple mini-breakdowns, I hit a wall and realized…I’m not saving any lives here. Why am I spending all my hours working? Sacrificing my health, my friendships, my LIFE?

My goal is not to sell all of my possessions and join the Peace Corps.  As a matter of fact, I am keeping my software job.  I’m simply on mission to weave a little adventure into my daily life and maybe find a hobby or two.    

No comments:

Post a Comment